Migration to V3 from Older Versions
From iPi Docs
Here you will find important information for owners of iPi Motion Capture versions 2.x or 1.x who are interested to work with Version 3.
- Lisense keys of version 2.x or 1.x will not work with version 3. You need a separate license key to activate version 3 (V3).
- V3 license is time-limited. 1 year- and 3 months- subscriptions are available. See details here: Licensing Policy.
- Pro edition of V3 corresponds to Standard edition of V2.
- Those who purchased version 2 starting from July 1st, 2014 will get free 1 year subscription for V3. We will be sending 1 year license keys for those customers shortly after V3 release.
- The rest of 2.x / 1.x owners will get one-time 50% discount for 1 year subscription to Version 3 (same edition). To request the discount coupone code, please email us and provide with your 2.x / 1.x license key. If you lost it, please provide us maximum information regarding your purchase.
- 30-days trial for V3 is independent of trial for 2.x / 1.x. So you can try Version 3 even if your 2.x / 1.x trial has expired.
- Version 3 can be downloaded from http://ipisoft.com/download.
- You can install and use it on the same computer with 2.x / 1.x.
- All drivers previously installed for 2.x / 1.x will be used by V3. You will only be asked to upgrade Kinect SDK to 1.8 if you have Kinect SDK 1.6 or 1.7 installed.
- Version 3 uses new project files formats (.iPiMotion or .iPiCalib instead of former .iPiMocap). Project files of version 2.x can be opened in iPi Mocap Studio 3 and saved to the new format.
- Updated .iPiVideo file format which is used by iPi Recorder 3 and iPi Mocap Studio 3 is backward compatible with file format used by iPi Recorder 2. That is records produced by iPi Recorder 2 can be opened in iPi Recorder 3 and iPi Mocap Studio 3. But records made with the aid of iPi Recorder 3 can not be opened in iPi Recorder 2 and iPi Mocap Studio 2.