Quick Start Guide for Multiple PS Eye Cameras Configuration
From iPi Docs
- Get the cameras (a minimum of 3 PlayStation Eye cameras recommended), cables, tripods, computer and a flashlight (Mini Maglite recommended).
- Get computer with DirectX 11 videocard and at least two USB 2.0 or 3.0 controllers.
- Find a suitable space: not less than 13 by 13 feet (4 by 4 meters).
- Connect cameras to a PC, using cables.
- Point all cameras to the center of capture area. Actor should be fully visible in all cameras in capture area.
Record Calibration Sequence
- For calibration, use Mini Maglite flashlight (or similar) as a marker, and use iPi Recorder to record calibration video
- Move the marker slowly through your entire capture volume (front-top-right-bottom-left-back-top-right-bottom-left). Start from top and move the marker in a descending spiral motion.
Record Action Sequence
- Actor should be dressed in a slim solid-color clothing.
- Recommended clothing: long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans or trousers, black shoes. Deep, saturated colors are preferable.
- Ideally, pants and shirt should be different colors
- Clothes colors should have good contrast with background
- Record video of actor's performance. Please ensure that the whole body including arms and legs is visible during the performance in both sensors. Start from a T-pose. Then goes actor’s performance.
- Run iPi Mocap Studio.
- Create calibration project from calibration video and process it using Calibrate button.
- Create action project from action video and process actor performance video.
- Import your character into iPi Mocap Studio (File > Import Target Character) to adapt the animation for your character rig.
- Export your animation in a desired format.
For more details see User Guide for Multiple PS Eye Cameras Configuration.