Quick Start Guide for Multiple Depth Sensors Configuration
From iPi Docs
Revision as of 04:59, 29 October 2014 by Pavel
Jimer Lins’ tutorial (motion capture for SFM)
- Get the Microsoft Kinect sensors.
- To choose the model see Depth Sensors Comparison.
- Get computer with DirectX 11 videocard and at least two USB 2.0 or 3.0 controllers.
- Find a suitable space: 8 by 8 feet (2.5 by 2.5 meters).
- Actor should be dressed in casual slim clothing, avoid shiny fabrics.
- Connect sensors to a PC, point it at the actor and use iPi Recorder to record your performance.
- Point all sensors at the actor.
- The angle between two depth sensors in each pair can be in the range 60-90 degrees, or near to 180 degrees.
- For calibration, take flat rectangular cardboard, and use iPi Recorder to record calibration video
- Please ensure that the calibration board is visible in both sensors. Turn the calibration board to the left and to the right, holding it vertically in front of yourself on outstretched arms.
- Record video of actor's performance. Please ensure that the whole body including arms and legs is visible during the performance in both sensors. Start from a T-pose. Then goes actor’s performance.
- Run iPi Mocap Studio process actor performance video.
- Import your character into iPi Mocap Studio (File > Import Target Character) to adapt the animation for your character rig.
- Export your animation in a desired format.
For more details see User Guide for Dual Depth Sensor Configuration.