Quick Start Guide for Multiple Depth Sensors Configuration
From iPi Docs
Revision as of 05:53, 29 October 2014 by Pavel
Jimer Lins’ tutorial (motion capture for SFM)
- Get the Microsoft Kinect sensors.
- To choose the model see Depth Sensors Comparison.
- Get computer with DirectX 11 videocard and at least two USB 2.0 or 3.0 controllers.
- Find a suitable space: not less than 8 by 8 feet (2.5 by 2.5 meters).
- Connect sensors to a PC, point it at the actor and use iPi Recorder to record your performance.
- Point all sensors to the center of capture area. Actor should be fully visible in all sensors in capture area.
- For two depth sensors the angle between them can be in the range 60-90 degrees, or near to 180 degrees.
- Three depth sensors ideally should be placed at apexes of equilateral triangle with sides equal to about 6 metersю
Record Calibration Sequence
- For calibration, use Mini Maglite flashlight (or similar) as a marker, and use iPi Recorder to record calibration video
- Move the marker slowly through your entire capture volume (front-top-right-bottom-left-back-top-right-bottom-left). Start from top and move the marker in a descending spiral motion.
Record Action Sequence
- Actor should be dressed in casual slim clothing, avoid shiny fabrics.
- Record video of actor's performance. Please ensure that the whole body including arms and legs is visible during the performance in both sensors. Start from a T-pose. Then goes actor’s performance.
- Run iPi Mocap Studio.
- Create calibration project from calibration video and process it using Calibrate button.
- Create action project from action video and process actor performance video.
- Import your character into iPi Mocap Studio (File > Import Target Character) to adapt the animation for your character rig.
- Export your animation in a desired format.
For more details see User Guide for Dual Depth Sensor Configuration.