Difference between revisions of "Quick Start Guide for Single Depth Sensor Configuration"
From iPi Docs
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
<div class="sideInfoPanel" ="center">
<html><iframe title=align="center "YouTube video player" width="
<html><iframe title=align="center "YouTube video player" width="" height="" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Ah_O0Fgpmg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></html>
Revision as of 02:59, 29 October 2014
iPi Mocap Studio Beginners Tutorial from Indecision Studios
For the impatient:
- Get the Microsoft Kinect sensor.
- To choose the model see Depth Sensors Comparison.
- Get computer with DirectX 11 videocard.
- Download iPi Recorder and iPi Mocap Studio.
- Install iPi Recorder and iPi Mocap Studio.
- Find a suitable space: 8 by 5 feet (2.5 by 1.5 meters).
- Actor should be dressed in casual slim clothing, avoid shiny fabrics.
- Connect sensor to a PC, point it at the actor and use iPi Recorder to record your performance.
- Please ensure that the whole body including arms and legs is fully visible during the performance. Start from a T-pose. Then goes actor’s performance.
- Run iPi Mocap Studio process actor performance video.
- Import your character into iPi Mocap Studio (File->Import Target Character) to adapt the animation for your character rig.
- Export your animation in a desired format.
For more details see User Guide for Single Depth Sensor Configuration.