Quick Start Guide for Single Depth Sensor Configuration
From iPi Docs
Revision as of 04:21, 29 October 2014 by Pavel
iPi Mocap Studio Beginners Tutorial from Indecision Studios
- Get the Microsoft Kinect sensor.
- To choose the model see Depth Sensors Comparison.
- Get computer with DirectX 11 videocard.
- Find a suitable space: not less than 8 by 5 feet (2.5 by 1.5 meters).
- Actor should be dressed in casual slim clothing, avoid shiny fabrics.
- Connect sensor to a PC, point it at the actor and use iPi Recorder to record your performance.
- Please ensure that the whole body including arms and legs is fully visible during the performance. Start from a T-pose. Then goes actor’s performance.
- Run iPi Mocap Studio process actor performance video.
- Import your character into iPi Mocap Studio (File > Import Target Character) to adapt the animation for your character rig.
- Export your animation in a desired format.
For more details see User Guide for Single Depth Sensor Configuration.