Real-time Tracking for Live Preview
Real-time Preview feature allows to perform tracking in real-time speed and instantly transfer motion to a 3D character for live preview right at the time of recording.
This feature allows iPi Recorder to communicate to iPi Mocap Studio software in a way similar to Distributed Recording to send data necessary for tracking. iPi Mocap Studio performs tracking and motion transfer at real-time speed. Feature benefits:
- User can see how the motion will look like on a 3D character at the time of performance.
- Ability to improve motion accordingly at the time of acting and recording without the need to redo multiple iterations of recording and offline tracking.
The feature works like this:
- iPi Recorder broadcasts data necessary for tracking via network.
- iPi Mocap Studio connects to broadcasting iPi Recorder to start receiving data.
- iPi Mocap Studio performs tracking and motion transfer to a 3D character.
- Live tracking results can then be stored to disk for additional offline post-processing.
- Prepare for recording as usual and click Live Broadcast button.
- Waiting for live connection dialog will appear. You can change network adapter used for communication in necessary.
- To stop broadcast, you need to click Cancel Live Broadcast button in the dialog.
- Run iPi Mocap Studio and click Live button at the toolbar to enter live mode.
- Specify actor height at Actor tab.
- (Optional) Select 3D character for motion tranfer.
- Press Connect button at Live tab.
- Press Connect button at the dialog
- Live tracking and motion tranfer will start
- Press Start Recording to record video and project file
- Press Disconnect to stop live session